Saturday 8 February 2014

Dreamcatcher DIY




Materials:

Anything round to the size you require.
Embroidery floss
Charms
Cotton
Lace
Crochet doily


1:  Stretch the doily to cover whatever you are using. I found this ring at the local haberdashery, I'm not sure what its used for but anything that can be circular, like a wire coat hanger can work.


2:  I then began to stitch it onto the fame by wrapping the embroidery floss around the frame and through the doily. This part is a little time consuming but it's well worth it for the over all look.


3:  Once you've cover that entire frame you can get creative and stitch on anything you want really, I used some lace and wool and some old semi precious stones and pearls I had left over from something else.

4:  When you are happy with how it looks, sew something that can be used to hang it, put it in place and have sweet dreams!


This is the second one I've made with two different styles, this one now lives in my daughter's bedroom.

I'd love to see what your creativity creates!

L x


No comments:

Post a Comment