Tuesday 3 January 2012

Business and has it changed?

Is it common practice in 2012 to not pay your stockists on time? is it a matter of robbing Peter to pay Paul for all people in business? Is the economy strangling the life out of business that we have no choice but delay payments when you have to rely on others to pay you first?

When i was asked to provide stock on sale or return i always imagined, possibly through rose tinted lenses, that when a debt was due for sale of stock that payment would be made promptly and invoices would be sent on the dates mutually agreed by both parties on the contract.
Yet from experience invoices often don't get received for moths at a time then when they do it takes yet more months to finally be paid for all my hard work.

I wonder whether this is wide spread, if its just small business that suffers or that this is now the world we live in. To be honest it makes me want to throw in the towel, call it a day and cut my losses. I often think of myself as nieve, purely because i believe that everyone should be nice to one another, keep their promises and always use their manners but i don't want to be wrong!

I hate sending ' naggy' emails over and over about invoices and none payment. I hate having to listen to the voice of reason ( my hubby) go on and on about how i need to be 'harder' and not let these people treat me in such a way. But what can i do? My emails fall on deaf ears and I'm lied to time and again. AND is that truly part of business????

*considers hiring a hench man*

No comments:

Post a Comment