Thursday 17 November 2011

Handmade Year... Review

Its been, what seems like an age since i rambled my daily musings on what I've made or bought for pennies at the local charity shops.
And the god honest truth is I've done a million times better with it than i ever thought i could after my passion for shopping! The great thing about it has been that i haven't had to curb that urge, I've taken it and used it to my upmost advantage.
Ive bought the things I've desperately wanted but at a price much lower than the high street and ethically by reusing others unwanted goodies.
Ive also managed to fully cloth the girls for the winter in all preloved clothes, mostly hand knitted goodies and huge brands like zara and joules for less than id pay at primark and generally these items look like new when they arrive so everyone is happy :) my purse is thats for sure!!
We are on track for handmade gifts for xmas and i have some gorgeous tutorials to make some really unusual gifts that I'm hoping to carry through to La Chic Unique.
My only serious failure has the been the take aways, we have barely cut down at all, which is a disappointment really but i guess we all have to have a vice!!
After 8 months (give or take) i am a fully fledged convert to the nothing new ethos. I am still finding it very liberating even if a little frustrating at times, like now when i want .. no.... NEED a fur coat for sat and 6th dec and NOWHERE bloody has any! *sigh*
Anywho... i would highly recommend taking the challenge yourself and living more frugally when it comes to clothing and gifts... give it a try it'll surprise you!!

L x

No comments:

Post a Comment