Wednesday 5 January 2011

Hi i'm new to this...Be kind!

Well here I am, I finally took the plunge and I've finally set up a blog :) Not to sure what I'm doing right now so please be kind haha
Well I guess I should start at the beginning, the edited for family viewing version anyway ;)
Im 28 (just) full time mum to 3 wonderful (coughs) little girls! The very glamourous and wonderful wife to my hubby (coughs) and the owner and creator of www.emmas-attic.co.uk. That comment doesnt require the hint of sarcasm the others needed :)
I set up chic unique about 7 months ago now, really because my hubby had been made redundant and we needed some extra cash to see us through so I got my creative hat on and chic unique was born! At first i didnt have a bloody clue what i was doing, we had no money to use as start up costs so with a bit of ebay selling i got the very basics and i began creating!
I soon found i had a flare of unusual and funky jewellery and that people actually liked it too!!
I started selling on ebay to begin with and as prices started to creep up i boarded the etsy train!! fees are slightly lower than ebay and it was easier to capture the right audience and ive never looked back!
i now have my own website emmas attic that i built and update myself, which went live in Nov. Im yet to make a sale through it but im hopeful for 2011!
Selling through facebook, twitter and etsy all keep us going so i dont complain :)
the hubby is now back at work so the majority of the day i spend juggling kids, cleaning, cooking, nap time, playing, school trips, post office runs, photography, making, up dating, deleting, chatting, looking at pretty things.... and so the list goes on!
I hope to see 2011 really kick start chic unique into a real BRAND and ill eventually get my cottage in the country :)
Thanks for listening and ill be back soon with more chatty banter :)

4 comments:

  1. Looks great! Well Done :)
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done..just keep going and don't look back! You're doing great xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope 2011 is great year for you. 3 children and still not yet 30! You are amazing!
    I took home my first child on my 30th birthday! Now am the harassed mum of 3 teenagers

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks guys for the lovely comments!! kohsamui14 - thanks and thats pretty amazing having 3 after 30!! :)

    ReplyDelete